Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering

Today as I think about the events that made such a huge effect on our country I also try to remember the effects it had on me and I wonder has it effected the person I have become? I realize that I am a person who tends to not trust people. I wouldn't by any means say that occured on the day of September 11, 2001 but because of a series of events that have happened to me over my life time from my years in high school and on. I find myself wanting to share me with less and less people. Those of you that know me and I mean really have a sence of who I am probably are confused at this moment but those of you whom are my friends I thank you and my Heavenly Father each day that some how you found me, you somehow broke through the mirage that I put out there and became someone that I can trust and that I truely care for. I thank the Lord daily for the blessing of the friends and family that I have to do as much.
I constantly think of the song "where were you when the world stopped turning" adn I litterally cry each and every time I hear it, I think of day that changed the fate of our country and I wonder what could or can I be doing daily to be the best that I know how, to be the daughter that my parents raised, to be the wife and mother that my husband and daughter deserve and ultimatly to show that I truly belive that I am a daughter of God. How can I be a better sister, friend, wife, mother. I pray for strength not only for me and my family but those that I have chosen to call my friends and that have so generously called me the same.
Now I am rambling on but I am so grateful for the men and women who serve this Country, with out a second thought, I am humbled by those who are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for me and my family and I pray daily for those soldier and there families. I only hope that one day I too can be so brave and stop being so selfish and sacrife more, want less, become a kinder and gentler person and most importantly teach Bryton how to be the women she can be but most importanly teach her that she too is a daughter, a princess of a Heavenly Father that loves her unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment