Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Charity Never Faileth"

So just a couple of things to say before I get on my regular soapbox First and foremost I was so excited to hear today that Wayne and Jeanna brought the baby home this week, I can't even imagine the stress or any other emotion you must have under those circumstances. Yay and congratulations!!!
Second of all I still don't know how to post any pictures or add tabs or anything to this blog thing and to be honest It is getting a little tiresome so we shall see how much longer I can hang in here to get it all figured out. ( Don't worry I still get confused logging into the blog as well) yes it has been confirmed I am crazy!
So I had the pleasure of sharing the evening with My beautiful mom and 2 of my sister in laws, and, although we missed the rest of the "Mendenhall" girls clan, it was great company and I was spiritually enlightened.
I have to say that I normally love going to womens conference so knowing that I am able to be spiritually fed by the words of what I firmly believe are latter day Prophets, Seers and Revelators I also am blessed enough to see, even if it is only a small piece of the behind the scenes, of how the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints is guided by the spirit. In the church we belong to it is amazing to see how the men, the leaders the "head" are so committed to the work of women, and they respect us enough to teach us the workings and the teachings that they too learn, nothing is a secret, nothing is left out. it all seems ti be clear and incredible.
As I sat in the meeting and listened to the great women whom we are lucky enough to call our leader, our teachers our friends, each from different families, different backgrounds and different circumstances it became clear to me that yes we are indeed blessed, the "society" that we belong to really does bring "relief" I am not perfect in fact I am the farthest thing from it but I am indeed guided by those who want me to strive to be so, I feel like tears are litterally shed by those who sacrifice so much for me so that I am not lost that I am not alone that I am taken care of. crazy as it seems I truely believe that these things actually happen. i'm not saying I don't have rough days, months or even years, all I am saying is there is someone out there somwhere that is ready to serve me, to love me unconditionally, and to try to find me when I am lost! Amazing isn't it! I don't even feel like I am coming down off a spiritual high I just feel like everything that I have always known is being confirmed daily.
I am so lucky to be a part of the family that I am a part of and I feel like(quite possibly for the first time in my life) that I am in the right place at the right time! This is a good place to be, maybe a little bit scary but a good place no less. I know there will always be ups and downs but, I will always have the knowledge somwhere deep inside me that things are looking up, getting better and I have a big brother to carry me in the times that i need Him to.
I will now getoff the soap box that I have and I realize that this blog is nothing more then words for me to have, theat once i publish this post it gets lost in cyberspace and the only one reading is me. that's enough, that's all I need to know that I can come back to this day and remember that I at onetime ion my life was in the right place at the right time. Good Night
*hopefully I will soon figure out how to post pics and all that goodness so I can also have the memories of why I knew the thing I typed.

No comments:

Post a Comment